Glenorchy & Paradise Half-Day Explorer
Glenorchy is nestled on the northern shores of Lake Wakatipu & is the home to what many say is NZ's best hidden scenery and not to mention middle‑earth magic. Start the tour off with pick up from Central Queenstown and travel in style in our luxury Mercedes vans on one of the top 10 most scenic roads in the world to Glenorchy. This rustic town is a true outdoor enthusiast's paradise. Set against a background of native beech forest and towering mountain ranges, Glenorchy’s surrounds are nothing short of awe-inspiring. Whether you’re a Lord of The Rings fan or just want to check out the stunning scenery Glenorchy has to offer on this tour is not to be missed.
per adult from
What's included :
- Complimentary WiFi
- Bottled water
- Kiwi morning or afternoon tea
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Complimentary central Queenstown transfers
- Coffee and/or Tea
- On board Kiwi music (download our Spotify playlist!)
- Complimentary NZ Greenstone
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Glenorchy-Queenstown Road, Queenstown New Zealand
Travel from Queenstown to Glenorchy on one of the top 10 most scenic roads in the world. Stopping off at Lord of The Rings film locations and Bennetts Bluff for spectacular Lake Wakatipu vistas with a mountain back drop.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Glenorchy Wharf, 4 Islay St, Glenorchy 9372, New Zealand
Visit Glenorchy's iconic red boat shed and take a walk along the wharf taking in the views.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Glenorchy-Paradise Road, Glenorchy-Paradise Rd, Otago, New Zealand
Explore Paradise, Diamond Lake and Lord of The Rings film locations. Enjoy a Kiwi style morning or afternoon tea out in paradise.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :The Station Information Centre, Corner of Shotover & Camp Streets, 25 Shotover Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Minimum numbers of 2 apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.