Full-Day Wellington Self-Guided Electric Bike Tour
Ride at your own pace by hiring an eBike on this full-day self-guided adventure of Wellington. (Optionally, extend your rental for two days and have it for your entire stay.) From the centrally located Waterfront to the quiet bays and panoramic lookouts, you’ll be enthralled from start to finish. These quality electric bikes are easy to use and suitable for any level of fitness. If you can ride a bike, you can ride an eBike. You will be provided with riding instructions, a helmet, a lock and a cycle map of the city, including top picks of places to stop on your ride.
You can ride the bays to take in the best view points or use your eBike as your transport between the Wellington must see attractions such as Weta Workshop, Zealandia Sanctuary, Te Papa Museum or the Wellington Cable Car located only 5-minutes away. Whether you're traveling solo, as a couple, or in a group, these top-quality electric bikes make your mode of transport an experience in itself.
per adult from
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- All necessary equipment included
- Excellent value for money
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Instant Confirmation
What's included :
- Self-Guided bike tour
- Use of bicycle, helmet and lock
- Hi Vis available
- Wellington City Cycle Map
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Pick up your electric bike at Shed One - Queens Wharf, Wellington Waterfront. It's a central location and only an 8 to 10-minute walk from Wellington's I-Site Information Center and just along the wharf from Te Papa Museum. You can pick up is your eBike from 8:30am and return it at any time before 5pm, or later by prior arrangement.
You will be provided with helmets and locks, there is also hi-vis gear available. The staff will take the time to show you the best routes to take on your Wellington cycle map including the best photo spots and places to stop for coffee, lunch or an ice-cream. Let them know if you wish stop for a swim and they will mark the beaches on the map for you.
While you get set you up on your electric bike, you will be provided full instruction and a safety briefing. You will have time to get used to riding your bike in the large car free space before heading on your way. The eBikes are pedal-assist, which means you pedal them just like you do a regular bike except that the electric assist takes the strain out of the hills and headwinds. If you haven't tried them, you will be amazed at what they can do!
The most popular route starts on the easy shared paths along the Wellington Waterfront close to the buzzing city center, before using the on-road cycle ways toward Miramar peninsula. For those with a heightened sense of adventure, take regular road routes to special spots around Wellington and set the bike to full-power to cruise up to the best panoramic lookouts such as Mt Victoria.
Off-road riding can be experienced from Wellington by taking an early departure train or ferry after picking up the bike. Pencarrow Lighthouse is a popular destination accessed by the East by West Ferry that goes to Days Bay. Following the coast you take a dirt road toward a historic lighthouse that you can climb up to. You can look out across the harbour toward Wellington City. If you're lucky you will see seals and other wildlife. Please note that you need to lift bikes up and down steps on the ferry if you choose this option.
The Rimutaka Rail Trail can be explored by taking the bikes on a train then riding from Maymorn to Featherston, this is a world class track well away from the city. Pack your lunch, take your camera and ride the old railway line taking in the New Zealand forest and history. While waiting for the return train, you can check out Featherston's local stores and museums. You could even stay the night and explore the local wineries the next day. Let us know when you book if you're interested in this option and we'll provide you with the best bike and schedule for your adventure.
By exploring Wellington and the surrounding areas by electric bike, you can take in a lot in a short period of time. You'll feel good choosing an active way to get around while you're visiting and the hills in the city will be flattened by the electric assist.
Departure Point :Queens Wharf, Wellington Waterfront (Beside Wellington Helicopters)10min walk from iSite Information Center
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Bikes must be returned by 5pm.
If 2-day option is selected, bike can be returned to shop at the end of the day and picked up again in the morning, or bike can be stored at your accommodation. (Charger for bike provided).
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children (13 -17 Years) must be accompanied by an adult
- Bike manufacturer has a weight limit of 330 lbs (150 kilograms)
- Heights must be advised if less than 5 foot (152 centimeters)
- Must be able to ride a regular bike
- Passport / Local Drivers License and Credit Card must be presented as bond
- Select a full-day or 2-day option
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.