Full-Day Small-Group Hobbiton Tour from Auckland
Experience Hobbiton made famous by The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbits trilogies on a full-day small-group tour with a local guide. You will get to walk in the footsteps of Frodo and friends and visit the Green Dragon Inn for a mug of Southfarthing’s finest. You will be provided with bottle waters and lunch. Hotel or port pickup and drop-off is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
- Small group ensures personal service
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Drinks (Available to purchase)
- You will travel south from Auckland over the Bombay Hills to the rich farmland of the Waikato region and through the heritage town of Cambridge, where tree-lined streets add to the English-style atmosphere. You will arrive in Matamata with a population of around 7,500. Matamata is located near the base of the Kaimai Ranges and is a thriving farming area known for Thoroughbred horse breeding and training. You will embark on this full-day guided tour of Hobbiton, made famous by Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies. You will experience a day in the life of a heroic Halfling. You’ll be guided through the gorgeous 12-acre movie set, back dropped by the Kaimai Ranges towering in the distance. You’ll journey past Hobbit holes, the famous Mill and into the instantly recognizable Green Dragon Inn for a complimentary ‘South-Farthing’ beverage. A full lunch is also provided at the Shire’s Rest.
Departure Point :Hotel pick up from Central Auckland Hotels or Cruise Terminal
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Tour ends with drop-off at your hotel or port
Hotel Pickup :
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A small amount of walking is involved.
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.