Full-Day Roxburgh Gorge Cycle Tour from Queenstown
This full-day cycle adventure on the Roxburgh Gorge Trail not only has some amazing cycling but also includes a fun and informative jet boat ride on the Clutha River from Doctors Point to Shingle Creek. Cycling on the Roxburgh Gorge Trail is a bit steeper so prepare yourself for some exciting climbs and downhills. Although the trail is a bit challenging, the views and scenery make it well worth the extra effort. A moderate or modest level of cycling ability is required.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
What's included :
- Bicycle and helmet
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Queenstown
- Transport Clyde to Roxburgh to start cycling
- Transport by air-conditioned Van
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Boat Transfer from Shingle Creek to Doctors Point
What's excluded :
- Lunch and Snacks (unless booked as optional extra $30.00 per person)
- Your adventure starts in Queenstown being picked up at your accommodation at 7.45am. You will travel to Clyde where, upon arrival at the depot (arriving 9am for a 9:30 departure), you will be fitted with your bikes and briefed on your tour. You will then be transported through to the lookout at Roxburgh Hyrdo Dam. From here you will start your cycle ride back to Clyde on the stunning Roxburgh Gorge Trail.
From Roxburgh Dam lookout you will connect with the start of the Roxburgh Gorge Trail and make your way to the Shingle Creek Boat Ramp. Here you will meet up with your boat operator who will transfer you through to Doctors Point. Relax on board the boat while you take in the stunning scenery and history of the area.
Disembark at Doctors Point where you continue on your cycle adventure through to Alexandra. In Alexandra, you can carry on the Railtrail to the office in Clyde, or take the scenic, peaceful River Track back (an additional 8kms). You will be taken back to Queenstown by bus arriving approximately 6.30pm
Departure Point :Hotel pick up in Queenstown on our Trail Journeys Bus
Departure Time :7:45 AM
Return Detail :Return to same departure location
Hotel Pickup :
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.