Full-Day Queenstown and Southern Lakes Photography Tour
This is your chance to photograph one of the most spectacular and majestic places on Earth; Queenstown and the Southern Lakes. This full-day private photography tour will take you to the iconic locations you see in brochures as well as those special spots only a local would know, to explore and capture the beauty and splendor for yourself. This tour is designed for photography enthusiasts and your guide is a passionate landscape photographer, with years of local knowledge. Enjoy 8-9 hours of visiting some of the most interesting and beautiful destinations close to Queenstown and around the Southern Lakes. The weather in this amazing region is constantly changing bringing many moods that to the mountains, lakes, rivers and forests. Whatever the conditions we always know where to take you to and how to capture unique scenes of outstanding natural beauty.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour for small-groups or individuals
- Flexible itinerary
- Advice on creative composition and using your camera
- Local photographer guide
- Comfortable 4WD
- Light refreshments
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Your day starts with a pickup from your Queenstown, Frankton or Arrowtown accommodation. Head straight out to a high vantage point like Skippers Saddle, near Queenstown, to catch the early morning light and spectacular views. Here you will gain a great overview of Queenstown and the Wakatipu Basin; Frankton and Arrowtown, the great Lake Wakatipu, the Remarkables Range and Coronet Peak. This is a chance for your guide to get to know you and your photography level. We discuss destination options, your preferences, the weather and light and pick a direction to head for the day.
You might have a bucket list of places and sights you would like to capture or a theme you would like to follow. Maybe you want to explore old buildings and the gold mining heritage of Queenstown and Central Otago, check out our wine region, capture amazing vistas from the highest points or get in close to a wild river or a mossy beech forest. Of course you can always leave the itinerary up to your guide. He'll know where to find views to take your breath away.
From our high vantage point we head out of Queenstown in one of five directions based on your preferences. You can choose to head West toward Glenorchy, Paradise and Kinloch - seeing waterfalls, Lake Wakatipu, Moke Lake, the Dart and Rees Rivers, gold mining, transport and farming history. Much of Lord of the rings was filmed in this region.
Head East for Arrowtown, the Crown Range, Gibbston Valley and Cromwell - heritage, vineyards, expansive views, rugged Kawarau Gorge, gold mining.
You can gain altitude toward Coronet Peak and Skippers Canyon, exploring gold mining heritage, expansive views, alpine tussock landscapes and craggy, rugged, vertiginous Skippers Canyon road.
South takes you through Kingston along Lake Wakatipu and base of the Remarkables Range, taking in vistas of mountains, waterfalls, the old steam train, and finally a steep climb to wild alpine tussock and rock tor country.
If you travel in the opposite direction North over the Crown Range toward Wanaka you will encounter expansive mountain and valley vistas, the highest road pass in NZ, gold mining heritage, glaciated landscapes, views of Lake Wanaka, Mount Aspiring and the Southern Alps.
Whichever direction you choose, your guide will take you to the best spots for capturing the splendor and magnificence. You will be mentored with advice on finding great shots, creative composition and exposure to help you capture the majesty and beauty. Coffee, tea, bottled water and cookies are on-board for when you are peckish and the tour will stop so you can buy lunch in a quaint local village.
Departure Point :Pickup from your Queenstown, Frankton and Arrowtown accommodation
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Return to same departure location
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.