Full-Day Island and Wildlife Cruise from Tauranga
Come on-board the Bay Explorer and see why this day cruise is called the best day ever!
The clean and spacious 18m boat is unlike any other in the Bay of Plenty. Enjoy a 360-view deck designed to highlight the fantastic local scenery and observe local marine activity at its best. When you choose Bay Explorer your comfort is the main priority, with spacious decks, ample seating options, and an indoor saloon area for shade and shelter equipped with a licensed bar.
On this full-day island and wildlife cruise, you’ll be with the best qualified and friendliest crew as you observe the magnificent and diverse wildlife that lives and plays in the waters just beyond the shores. Once you reach the island destination, you will be offered water sports to play in the waters – do as little or as much as you choose – it is your day, done your way!
- Close encounter with friendly dolphins
- Ideal choice for families
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- See the underwater world without getting wet
- Fully narrated tour
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Live commentary on board
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- You will be expected to find your own way to The Strand where your best day ever will begin! At 8am, you will be welcomed aboard the Bay Explorer at the Tauranga waterfront.
From here, you'll cruise through the New Zealand's most beautiful harbor, Te Awanui, and past the landmark volcanic mountain named Mauao.
On exiting the harbor entrance, you'll explore the pristine Bay of Plenty coastline to watch marine wildlife which may include penguins, dolphins and whales, sharks and orca. The experienced crew on-board will be constantly scanning the nearby waters and the farthest horizons, pointing out all that they see, ensuring you won’t miss a thing!
Around mid-day, the boat will anchor at a local island paradise and the crew will fire up the BBQ while you relax and unwind with a beverage from the bar. Perhaps you want to take a swim from the boat or try out an on-board kayaks, paddle boards, etc. Full instruction is available, so even beginners can have a go.
Once everyone is back on-board, you'll then head back to Tauranga wharf, continually watching the wildlife, while passengers mix with the crew and reflect on the day’s discoveries.
Departure Point :The Strand, Tauranga
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point at 4pm
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.