Full-Day Guided Sea Kayaking Trip from Anakiwa
This full-day sea kayaking trip provides the opportunity to explore more of the Sounds’ secluded beaches and paddle beneath pristine native bush. Your guide will find one of the many beautiful beaches to stop for a delicious homemade picnic lunch. Returning to Anakiwa your guide will do their best to take you a different way home so you never have to paddle the same coast twice.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This trip starts at 8:30am at the strategically placed base on the corner of Anakiwa Road and Queen Charlotte Drive which is approximately 15-minutes’ drive from Havelock or 30-minutes’ drive from Picton.
Once you have completed the necessary paperwork, your guide will run you through the safety briefing on the kayak. From the base it is a short 3-minute drive to Anakiwa beach to launch for your days' adventure.
Once on the water, your guide will lead you along the coastline of a scenic reserve where there are no houses or people, so you can enjoy the Sounds in peace. Depending on the weather your guide will lead you to a beach for a delicious picnic lunch with hot drinks.
Sit back and relax or take a swim, the choice is yours. After lunch, you will work your way back towards Anakiwa, taking a different coastline so that you don't see the same thing twice. At the end of your trip around 4:30pm you can return to the base for hot showers before continuing on your epic New Zealand journey.
Whilst we cannot guarantee any marine mammal sightings, you can expect to see a variety of sea and forest birdlife with possible sightings of rays, seals, little blue penguins, dolphins and if you are super lucky – Orca!
Departure Point :Sea Kayak Adventures, 8 Anakiwa Rd, Linkwater 7281, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 11 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.