Full day Guided Sea Kayak Tour from Picton
Experience the beauty and seclusion of the Marlborough Sounds on a full day small group guided sea kayak tour. Your tour takes in the western end of the Queen Charlotte Sound with its sheltered coves, beautiful beaches, azure blue waters and lush native bush. You will stop at a secluded beach for a delicious lunch. Learn about the history of the area from your knowledgeable, relaxed and friendly guides.
Your guide will be with you for the day to answer questions, share pearls of wisdom and ensure your comfort and wellbeing. Depending on the weather, we will vary our route each day to take advantage of sea breezes at our back - we don't follow an enforced plan which enables us to cater for all abilities on the day.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- All necessary equipment provided
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
After a detailed safety briefing, we set off on a great day's adventure. Your guide will be with you for the day to answer questions, share pearls of wisdom and ensure your comfort and wellbeing.
Depending on the weather, we will vary our route each day to take advantage of sea breezes at our back - we don't follow an enforced plan which enables us to cater for all abilities on the day.
On any given day, you have a good chance of seeing sting rays and eagle rays, a huge variety of sea birds including cormorants and sometimes little blue penguins, seals, huge starfish and if we are lucky, even dolphins. And, don't forget lunch - we love our food and you'll be impressed at what goodies we can produce from out of the kayaks! Without a doubt, the best kayaking lunch on offer in the Marlborough Sounds and what's more, it is all sourced and made locally so you are truly supporting the local economy.
Our quality kayaks are stable, durable and designed and made in New Zealand for our unique conditions. As part of your trip, we supply you with buoyancy, aids, spray decks, paddle jackets, paddles, dry bags for your gear (including small camera dry bags)
• Marlborough Sounds, Picton New Zealand
• Wilderness Guides - Day Tours, Picton Waterfront Corner Wellington Street & London Quay, Picton 7240 New Zealand
Departure Point :1 London Quay, Picton 7220, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (minimum age of children to participate is 8 years old)
- A minimum of 2 people per departure time is required. If you are a solo traveler, please contact our office for availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.