Full-Day Biking and Kayaking Adventure: Nelson to Kaiteriteri
On this full-day adventure, you will experience a half day of kayaking and a half day of mountain biking. Leave Nelson in the morning to head to Kaiteriteri. Once there, you'll get to explore what the area has to offer by water, then by land. Hotel pickup and drop-off is not included: you will meet at a centrally located departure point. The kayak portion of the tour is guided, while the biking portion is self-guided with various trails to travel on.
per adult from
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
What's included :
- Top quality kayak, life jackets, paddles, spray skirts, dry bags for cameras, detailed maps, safety briefing and kayak guide.
- Cycle equipment which includes mountian bike (hardtail), helmet, repair kit. (self guided)
- Return transport – Nelson to Kaiteriteri
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Your adventure starts in the morning where you will be transported to the golden sands of Kaiteriteri beach.
This guided kayaking tour covers the area between Kaiteriteri to the south and Split Apple Rock in the north. It is a relatively small area with lots of interesting nooks and crannies to explore. This makes it an ideal tour for the first timer and those who are looking for smooth kayaking. The trip starts at 8:30am with a safety briefing, with full instruction to make kayaking as simple as possible – even for first timers.
Tides play a big part in the tour itinerary. As these change with each day, so does the tour. The aim however, is to get up to Split Apple Rock at around 11am. After a break for swimming, relaxing or exploring the beach, set off for Ngaio Island on the homeward journey. Back to Kaiteriteri at 11:45am.
Later, check-in around 12:30pm, then the afternoon has 180ha of lush native bush and over 30km of mountain bike trails waiting for you. There is a trail for everyone in Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park from the family friendly trails right up to a range of intermediate and advanced-grade riding.
The park is well signed posted and easily self-guided. There is a mixture of smoothly crafted hand built and digger trails that you will find easy to navigate.
After your day's adventure paddling and pedaling there will still be plenty of time for a swim on the beach and a cold one.
Itinerary is as follows:
• 07:10 Depart Nelson to Kaiteriteri
• 08:30 Safety briefing
• 08:45-11:45 Split Apple Classic Kayak 11:45-12:30
• Lunch (at own cost or $15 packed lunch)
• 12:30-12:45 Check in with Kiwi Journeys, Bike fit and kit up
• 12:45- 5pm Ride KMTBP
• 5pm- Depart Kaiteriteri to Nelson
Departure Point :Nelson iSITE, Millers acre carpark
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- The full suspension upgrade can only be booked for adults
- Minimum age is 8 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.