Full-Day Abel Tasman Relaxed or Late Riser Kayaking
In the 'Heart' of the Abel Tasman National Park we offer a combination of kayaking and walking or just a relaxing afternoon kayak.
We can customize this to suit your requirements. If you choose a half day kayaking your day will start with a Water Taxi ride up to Bark Bay or if you choose the walking and kayaking option your water Taxi will drop you off at Tonga Quarry for an unguided walk to Bark Bay.
Around lunch-time meet your kayaking guide on the Beach at Bark Bay to begin your afternoon adventure.
Your guide will show you all the beautiful beaches along the coastline, taking in Falls River and the spectacular scenery of the Abel Tasman National Park before your Water Taxi ride back to Marahau from Anchorage.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Vegetarian meal option available
What's included :
- Includes Water Taxi Transfers
- Free Bus transfer from Motueka
- Free parking at our base in Motueka
- Free Hot Showers when you return to our base in Motueka
- Free Wi-Fi
- Kayaking fully guided - 1 guide to 8 clients
What's excluded :
- Picnic lunch $17 per person
- Bus Transfer from Central Nelson accommodation providers $25 per person return
- This tour offers you two different, but equally enjoyable, options to choose from!
Join the Relaxed tour and take a scenic 9.00am cruise from Kaiteriteri to Tonga Quarry, explore Onetahuti beach then head south on your unguided walk over the headland to Bark Bay, a leisurely 90 minute stroll. Join your kayak guide for the afternoon kayak trip, via the seal colony on Pinnacle Island, taking in Falls River and the spectacular scenery along the coast line to Anchorage. Return to Kaiteriteri on the 4.45pm Water Taxi.
Or join the Late Riser tour and take a scenic 10.30am cruise from Kaiteriteri or Marahau to Bark Bay, passing Split Apple Rock and Adele Island. Relax for an hour, swim or explore the beach before joining your guide for the afternoon kayak trip. Kayak south visiting the seal colony on Pinnacle Island, Falls River and beautiful scenery along the coastline to Anchorage. From here catch your return Water Taxi back to Marahau or Kaiteriteri at 4.30pm.
Both options are sure to leave you with amazing memories that will last a lifetime!
Departure Point :The Sea Kayak Company
Return Detail :The Sea Kayak Company
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Age: Minimum 14
- Private trips are available on request or for families with children under the age of 14 years
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.