Full-Day Abel Tasman Kayak and Walk
Paddle into the heart of Abel Tasman National Park on a full-day kayaking and trekking tour with a guide. Start with an included water-taxi ride from Marahau and see a seal colony in its natural environment. Your guide accompanies you beautiful beaches along the coastline and introduces you to the spectacular scenery of Abel Tasman before a return bus transfer to Motueka.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
What's included :
- Water-taxi round-trip transfer from Marahau
- Round-trip bus transfer from Motueka
- Free parking and hot showers at the base in Motueka
- Free Wi-Fi
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Tonga Island Marine Reserve
What's excluded :
- Picnic lunch ($17 per person)
- Round-trip bus transfer from central Nelson ($25 per person)
- Your day starts with a bus transfer from the kayaking base in Motueka, followed by a quick water-taxi ride to the northern beach of Onetahuti. From there, you'll paddle by kayak with your guide to Tonga Island and its flourishing seal colony. Appreciate the beauty of these sleek mammals while you observe them from a distance in their natural environment. Tides permitting, explore the spectacular Tonga Arches, and head south to Bark Bay.
After lunch (own expense), you have the option to continue kayaking to Anchorage or leave your guide for a 7-mile (12-km) hike to Anchorage, which includes the Falls River swing bridge. Afterward, catch the water taxi back to Marahau and shuttle back to the base in Motueka, where you're free to access the Wi-Fi or a hot shower.
Departure Point :Motueka kayaking base
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Private trips are available on request or for families with children under the age of 14 years
- Kayaking guide for every 1 to 8 passengers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.