From Source to Sea Remutaka Cycle Tour
We will pick you up with a 9am shuttle from your accommodation in Wellington and travel up to either Kaitoke or Maymorn (for a shorter ride). Follow the meandering Hutt River downhill from its source to its end at Seaview, then ride around the coastline to the beautiful Days Bay. You can either drop your bikes off at The Boatshed and go for a paddle on a kayak or SUP, jump on the ferry back to Wellington, or take your 5.30pm shuttle back to your doorstep. 39/46km of moderate riding, suitable for riders with reasonable levels of fitness.
per adult from
What's included :
- 9am pick up from your accommodation in Wellington
- Comfortable and capable mountain bike / eBike
- Helmet and repair kit
- Rear carrier rack and trunk bag for your personal effects
- Packed lunch, water, and snacks
- First Aid kit and GPS tracker in case of emergency
- Transport back to your hotel (or anywhere else) in Wellington afterward / Ferry Pass from Days Bay to Wellington CBD, your choice!
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Days Bay
What's excluded :
- Excludes on-trail guide - our friendly staff will brief you and answer any questions you may have, but the trail is really easy to follow and full of information stations, so a guide isn't really necessary.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Wellington, Wellington, Greater Wellington, North Island
We'll pick you up from your accommodation in Wellington or the Hutt Valley and shuttle you to the start point of the trail.
Stop At: Remutaka Rail Trail - Kaitoke, Unnamed Road, Kaitoke, Upper Hutt 5372, New Zealand
Option 1 start-point, for 46km of riding. Ride through the Pakuratahi Forest, through native bush & a tunnel
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Maymorn, Upper Hutt, New Zealand
Option 2 start-point, for 39km of riding. Cycle through Maymorn, to the start of the Hutt River Trail
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hutt River, Kaitoke Regional Park Hutt City, 2004 New Zealand
Cycle The Hutt River Trail, passing through the Hutt Valley countryside, woth plenty of picnic spots & swimming holes on the way. At the mouth of the river, cycle around the Eastern Bays to Days Bay.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Days Bay, Wellington New Zealand
Once you reach Days Bay, you can either drop your bikes off at The Boatshed and go for a paddle on a kayak or SUP, then jump on the ferry back to Wellington.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your accommodation in Wellington or the Hutt Valley (to be advised by customer)Return point: Ferry pass back to Wellington CBD from Days Bay, or shuttle back to your doorstep (customer's choice)Airports
- Wellington Intl Airport, Wellington New Zealand
- CentrePort Wellington, 2 Fryatt Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise height of each rider (important so we can prepare the right size of bike for you).
- Please advise of any dietary considerations you may have.
- Please wear appropriate clothing on the day - closed shoes with either shorts or tight-fitting pants for riding, along with a tshirt or similar and fleece / jumper in reserve.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.