Forest walk, Natural Heritage, City Sights - Join is on our URBAN ESCAPE tour
We will visit iconic, yet ‘hidden gems’ of Dunedin’s urban nature. Explore and experience the sights and sounds of native bush, only minutes from the city centre.
Your guide will share stories about the unique properties of the many tree species such as kānuka, lemonwood and lancewood and explain how these were used by Māori and European settlers. As we wander beneath the forest canopy, listen for bird-song of iconic New Zealand native birds, including tui, kererῡ (wood pigeon), korimako (bell bird), and many more.
The perfect tour to unwind, relax and ignite your senses.
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Woodhaugh Gardens
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Woodhaugh Gardens, George Street, Dunedin New Zealand
Spend an hour in this perfect example of Wetland forest, filled with examples of our ancient flora, 80% of which is found only in Aotearoa, New Zealand. Hear stories about the unique properties of the many tress species and how these were used by Maori and European settlers.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Dunedin i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 50 The Octagon, Dunedin, 9016, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.