Fishing Charter - Lake Mapourika
Join us on a fishing charter that you'll never forget! The Hanna-k can seat a large group comfortably inside the cabin area, and can have four fisherman out on the back deck and one spinning off the front platform.
The Skipper will provide on board commentary and share his fishing expertise throughout the trip. Feel free to BYO (bring you own) food and beverages. We provide complimentary hot and cold refreshments. The scenery on Lake Mapourika will keep even the non-fishers engaged and having fun!
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Ideal choice for families
- Popular choice with kids
What's included :
- Fishing Equipment
- Courtesy Transport (if required)
- Local Guide
- Complimentary hot drinks
- On board toilet facility
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within Franz Josef
What's excluded :
- Fishing Licenses
Stop At: Glacier Country Lake Tours, Franz Josef, Westland National Park (Te Wahipounamu) 7856 New Zealand
Meet with us at our office in Franz Josef Glacier where we can sort you out with Fishing Licenses and provide courtesy transport (if you require) to Lake Mapourika for your Fishing Adventure!
All fishing equipment is provided, and Licenses cost an additional $34 (NZD). Feel free to BYO (bring your own) food and beverage on board. We provide complimentary tea, coffee and hot chocolate.
• The Hanna-K is designed for the West Coast and is fully covered to keep you warm and dry in any weather conditions.
• There is a toilet facility on board
• No previous experience required
• Brown Trout can be caught ALL YEAR
• Lake Mapourika is stocked annually with Salmon and there's also sea-run Quinnat Salmon to be caught as well Fishing Seasons:
Brown Trout can be caught all year around.
Quinnat Salmon (both sea-run and lake salmon) can be caught from October 1st to March 31st annually.
Departure Point :Glacier Country Lake Tours booking office is located on 64 Cron St. Franz Josef Glacier, right across the road from the Franz Josef Glacier Guides and I-site.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- 24 Hr. Fishing Licenses must be purchased additionally at our office on 64 Cron St. before your tour. Cost of: $34 NZD
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate