Doubtful Sound Wilderness Day Cruise from Manapouri
Experience an 8-hour day trip into the remote wilderness of Doubtful Sound, the heart of Fiordland National Park, while nature guides answer questions and point out landmarks. This fiord is home to bottlenose dolphins and fur seals - both are often seen. In season, you may even catch a glimpse of the rare Fiordland crested penguins. Explore Doubtful Sound's vast waterways on board a luxury Catamaran. A highlight is experiencing the unique 'Sound of Silence', where you hear only birdsong while floating on the fiord with the engines turned off.
per adult from
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Coffee and tea
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Doubtful Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Take in the scenery and wildlife aboard our comfortable catamaran. Our on board nature guides will be giving an informative commentary throughout the journey.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Real Journeys - Doubtful Sound, Waiau St, Pearl Harbour, Manapouri 9643, New Zealand
Check in 20 minute prior to departure.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Lake Manapouri, New Zealand
Cruise across Lake Manapouri to the Wilmot Pass at the beginning of your journey.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Pearl Harbour Manapouri Boat ramp, 60 Waiau St, Manapouri 9679, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes, warm clothing, and a rain jacket or hat, as necessary
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 135 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.