Dolphin & Wildlife Cruise - Half Day from Tauranga
Come on-board the Bay Explorer and see why this day cruise is called the best day ever!
The clean and spacious 18m boat is unlike any other in the Bay of Plenty. Enjoy a 360-view deck designed to highlight the fantastic local scenery and observe local marine activity at its best. When you choose Bay Explorer your comfort is the main priority, with spacious decks, ample seating options, and an indoor saloon area for shade and shelter equipped with a licensed bar.
On this half-day dolphin and wildlife cruise, you’ll be with the best qualified and friendliest crew as you observe the magnificent and diverse wildlife that lives and plays in the waters just beyond the shores.
per adult from
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Live commentary on board
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bay Explorer offers you the premium dolphin and wildlife experience in the Bay of Plenty.
Departure is from the Strand Tauranga City at 9am, returning by 1pm - 2pm.
You will explore the aquatic world of seasonal marine wildlife; dolphins, seals, penguins, fish, sunfish, turtles and occasional whale encounters. The regular encounters can range from a few animals to hundreds of dolphins swimming alongside with our vessel.
You are able to get up close to wildlife, making it a photographer’s dream.
Your experienced Captain and crew will provide a fascinating commentary on the history, geography and culture of the area. They have knowledge on marine wildlife and personally share with you everything they observe. Books and references are on board to enhance your experience.
Don’t miss this premier Bay of Plenty island and wildlife adventure seafari cruise!
The tour includes:
• A half day cruise on our spacious boat with 360° outdoor views from the largest open-air wildlife watching sun deck.
• Watch seasonal marine wildlife – penguins, seals, dolphins, whales, sunfish, school fish, seabirds, sharks and orca.
• Cold beer and chilled regional wine from our licenced bar (Eftpos available).
• Onboard commentary and references with facts on the Bay and local marine wildlife.
• Our friendly, professional Bay Explorer Crew
Departure Point :The Strand, Tauranga - Wharf across from Starbucks
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point at 2pm latest
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.