Sorry, this activity is no longer available.
The Delicious Whangarei tour takes you on a tasty journey around our beautiful region, tasting coffee, honey, cheese, olive oil, wine and chocolate. You will meet wonderful local providers and hear how they are producing the good stuff!
Duration 8 hours
Voucher Mobile ticket
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- All activities
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- The Whangarei region not only has spectacular scenic spots, but also hundreds of skilled food and drink artisans, producing delicious local delicacies.
This fabulous tour starts in Whangarei with a morning coffee boost from a local espresso bar, then moves on to a honey manufacturer and an artisan cheese factory. After a snack stop at beautiful Langs Beach, we visit an olive oil grove, a boutique chocolatier and a beautiful vineyard, all within the gorgeous Mangawhai area, just south of Whangarei.
The Delicious Whangarei Trail takes you on a whirlwind journey where you be able to meet the lovely locals, learn how their product is created, sample some of the deliciousness, and perhaps take some home for yourself! Tastings and samples are provided at all stops, and a lovely winemakers lunch awaits us at the vineyard.
Our Delicious Providers are:
Luna Espresso- www.facebook.com/LunaEspressoBar
Helmsdale Hives- www.helmsdalehives.co.nz
Grinning Gecko Cheese- www.grinninggecko.co.nz
Bennetts Chocolates- www.bom.co.nz
Olives on the Hill- www.olivesonthehill.co.nz
Te Whai Bay Winery- www.tewhaibaywines.co.nz
Please make sure to book at least a week in advance of your preferred tour date, so that the providers are available for you to visit on that day!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The Hub at the Town Basin, 91 Dent St, Whangarei-Tarewa I-Site, 92 Otaika Road, Raumanga
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.