Cultural SUP Experience
Discover the beautiful Mt Maunganui from the ocean. This is a cultural experience on stand up paddle boards, delivered by tangata whenua (people of the land) of Tauranga.
This experience is around 2 hours long, with approximately 1 hour on the water.
per adult from
120 to 150 minutes
What's included :
- Towels available.
- All stand up paddle board equipment.
- Life jackets.
What's excluded :
- Wet suits (not required)
- You will be collected from the gates of the Port of Tauranga by one of our qualified, local guides. You will then be taken to our beach station on Pilot Bay, just a stone's throw from the gate, and experience a Whakatau (informal cultural welcome), before changing into your swimwear and starting the activity.
Experienced paddle boarders can grab some gear and head straight out onto the water, while the beginners receive a brief lesson. All paddlers will then join together to head to the base of Mauao (the mountain) and hear the Legend of Mauao, a story of both love and loss. On the return paddle, you will have an opportunity to try some cool tricks on the boards shown off by our skilled instructors.
At the end of the session, we will have a brief Poroporoaki (farewell) at our beach station, where you will receive a traditional gift from us. We will then accompany you back to the Port of Tauranga gates where you can continue enjoying your day in our beautiful home.
* Towels available on the day.
Departure Point :Port of Tauranga cruise gates.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Port of Tauranga cruise gates.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Adult does not need to partake.
- Participants will get wet. A dry change of clothes is recommend for after the activity.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.