City Half Day Tour - The Land Of Volcanoes Auckland
Auckland is a land of volcanoes, home to 48 of them in fact! Looming above the cityscape are some of the youngest urban volcanoes on Earth, offering the best views of Auckland City.
Here at Tour Bro. we understand time in your itinerary may be tight, but there are a few places we absolutely have to show you while you are here. Embark on a half day tour visiting some of the greatest sights and locations Auckland has to offer. This is one of Auckland’s most intimate city tours on offer. Our small group style provides you the freedom to see and do more. Book your city tour with us and your Tour Bro. will give you plenty of insight on what life is like living in this far flung South Pacific metropolis.
What's included :
- Professional Driver Guide (Tour Bro.
- Complimentary Wifi
- Luxury SUV
- NZ Mineral Water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Depart hotel or cruise ship terminal 08:45 (morning) or 13:00 (afternoon) – Tour runs for
approximately 3.15 hours.
Travelling in our luxurious SUVs we head over the iconic Auckland Harbour Bridge to the picturesque seaside town of Devonport. With sweeping views of the Waitemata Harbour and downtown Auckland we will make our way to Maungauika – North Head. This magnificent volcano is home to the historic WW2 bunkers that served various purposes throughout the course of Auckland’s modern history. Maungaika offer 360° views of the stunning Auckland region and islands of the Hauraki Gulf.
Our next stop is a unique and breathtaking view of the city from under the Auckland Harbour Bridge. We will see a beautifully hand carved Māori pouwhenua carving at the Te Onewa Pa.
Cruising along the waterfront, we make our way to Bastion Point. An impressive location offering another perspective of Rangitoto Island and the city, Bastion Point is a historically significant area for the local Māori Iwi (tribe) Ngati Whatua.
We then make our way south to the central city volcano, Maungawhau – Mt Eden. We can stroll to the top of the deep crater for a beautiful 360° view of the city, Waitakere Ranges and impressive vistas of Rangitoto Island. We will wander around this 15,000 year old volcano terraced with historical Māori earthworks while your Tour Bro. explains the history of this volcano.
Next we journey to the gorgeous Auckland Domain Wintergardens. This wonderful garden is situated in the heart of the city and is home to a hot house, cool house and fernery offering a range of native and exotic flora.
We then arrive at the world famous Auckland War Memorial Museum. It is your choice if you wish to end the journey here and experience the museum** at your leisure or if you wish to continue back into the city and disembark at a location of your choosing. Please note the museum closes at 5pm.
*You can book a private tour for up to 6 people. By selecting this option, you pay for 4 travellers and 2 seats are complimentary. We offer this option as the view from the rear seats do not offer the same level of viewing pleasure as elsewhere in the vehicle.
** Entry to the museum start from $25 per person (not included in tour price) and cultural shows are available for an additional fee. It is a pleasant 30 minute walk into the city from the Auckland Museum. Your Tour Bro. will show you where the hidden bush tracks are through lovely native bush.
A moderate level of fitness is required for this tour, and we recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes.
Departure Point :Your Central City Auckland Hotel
Return Detail :Your central Auckland City hotel or Central City place of your choosing
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- *You can book a private tour for up to 6 people. By selecting this option, you pay for 4 travellers and 2 seats are complimentary. We offer this option as the view from the rear seats do not offer the same level of viewing pleasure as elsewhere in the vehicle.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.