Christchurch and Banks Peninsula Sightseeing Tour
This tour is specifically designed for cruise ship passengers arriving in Akaroa with a desire for a memorable experience, including panoramic photo opportunities, shopping, food, and a variety of activities of your choice.
Travel by luxury coach via the Scenic Summit road with panoramic views of Akaroa Harbour, Lyttelton Harbour and Christchurch City on this 6-hour tour. Experience local history surrounding Banks Peninsula, which is home to two extinct volcanoe,s with informative commentary from your driver. Stunning views of Christchurch and the Canterbury Plains, Botanical Gardens, Canterbury Museum and the Container Shopping Mall. Entrance fees, food and drinks are not included with this tour.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Great overview and orientation of the city
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This tour is specifically designed for cruise ship passengers arriving in Akaroa with a desire for a memorable experience, including panoramic photo opportunities, shopping, food, and a variety of activities of your choice.
Upon arrival in Akaroa, please report to the Akaroa French Connection kiosk to check in and receive your boarding pass. Then simply board our tour coach and prepare for the journey of a lifetime. Sit back, relax, and experience the magical wonders of Akaroa, Christchurch City and the panoramic views of the Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps.
The coach captain will provide informative commentary of the local history of Akaroa as your depart and travel to Christchurch City passing through Takamatua, Robins Bay, Davauchelles and Barry’s Bay. Travel up the hill to the Hill Top Tavern and cast eyes over the picturesque views of Akaroa.
Tour duration: 10.00am – 16.25pm
• 10.30am depart Akaroa Wharf
• 1st stop – Little River – 10-15 minutes - Little River is approximately 30 minutes’ drive from Akaroa, a tourist destination on Banks Peninsula, and 45 minutes’ drive from Christchurch City. It’s a great place to visit for walks and mountain biking, and is a very popular stop over for its cafe and art gallery.
• 2nd stop – Sign of the Takahe – arrive at approx. 12.30pm – 15 minutes – an opportunity to take photos of the Canterbury Plains, Southern Alps, Brighton Beach, and Christchurch City.
• 3rd stop – Canterbury Museum (coach captain will explain activity options)
• 2.50pm – board the tour coach at the Canterbury Museum in preparation for 3pm departure returning to Akaroa Wharf.
• 4.25pm – arrival at Akaroa Wharf – board your cruise ship.
From the Sign of the Takahe, travel through Christchurch city and see the impact of earthquake damage and the center city rebuilt.
On arrival at the Canterbury Museum, disembark the coach and enjoy free time to experience the local activities of your choice, including the Botanical Gardens, Canterbury Museum, Gothic-styled Arts Centre, Art Gallery, Punting on the Avon, The Container Mall (a temporary mall built from shipping containers after the earthquake), or ride the restored heritage Trams, one of the city’s leading attractions, allowing you to get on and off the Tram as often as you please.
Departure Point :Akaroa Wharf
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to the original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 1 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.