Sorry, this activity is no longer available.
Caves and Kiwi - Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Ruakuri Caves & Otorohanga Kiwi House
Join this tour to visit three (3) of New Zealand’s most famous attractions – The Waitomo Glowworm Caves, the Ruakuri Caves and the Kiwi House & Native Bird Park in one easy day trip from Auckland.
Duration 11 hours
Pickup Hotel pickup available
Voucher Mobile ticket
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Downtown Central Business District Hotel/Accommodation pickup and drop-off
- Local driver/guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Leaving Auckland, you will journey through some of the Region’s most spectacular rural scenery to the world-famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves, where you will be captivated by the stalactites and stalagmites and the thousands of magical glowworms as you glide silently by boat.
You will then journey to the nearby Ruakuri Caves which offer a captivating blend of Waitomo’s most compelling subterranean experiences. Journey down through the spectacular spiral entrance as you marvel at the softly folding shawl-like limestone stalactite and stalagmite formations and crystal tapestries. As you journey on New Zealand’s longest underground walking tour you will hear the distant thunder of the subterranean waterfalls and get extremely close to the glowworms. This cave allows photography.
Following a sumptuous lunch (included) you will then travel to the nearby Otorohanga Kiwi House & Native Bird Park. This is the home of 20 Brown Kiwi and you will get the opportunity to see close-up these rare, iconic nocturnal birds. You will also see, amongst others, the native Kea, Kaka, Kakariki, Kereru, Moreporks, and other birds of prey. You can walk through New Zealand’s largest free-flight dome aviary and also see the unique tuatara, a native New Zealand reptile that pre-dates the dinosaur.
A relaxed drive back to Auckland complements the day.
All admission fees and lunch included.
Departure Point :All centrally Located Auckland hotels and BNBs etc in the Central Business District. Any of the following or others in the Central Business District: • Abaco • Adina Apartments • Amora • Ascotia off Queen • Auckland City Hotel • Auckland harbour Oaks • Backpackers-all CBD locations • Barclay Suites • Best Western Presidents • City Life • Copthorne • Cordis • Crowne on Cintra • Crowne Plaza • De Bretts • Dilworth • Econolodge • Empire Apartments • Grand Chancellor • Grand Mercure • Grand Millenium • Grand windsor • Haka • Heritage • Hilton • Ibis City (Wyndham) • Jucy Snooze • Kiwi International • Metropolis • MSocial • Princes Wharf Apartments • Pullman • Quadrant • Quest (all CBD locations) • Ramada • RydgesScenic • Sebel • Sky City Grand • Sky City Hotel • Sofitel • VR Auckland • VR Queen • Waldorf • Waterloo Quadrant • YHA Backpackers • Stamford Plaza • Swiss bel Suites
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :You will be dropped off at your pick up location.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 11 people per booking - larger group by individual discussion with Viator
- Minimum age of 4 years old
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.