Cathedral Cove Day Trip from Auckland
This unique day trip to the Coromandel Peninsula will take you to Te Whanganui-A-Hei (Cathedral Cove) Marine Reserve, Hot Water Beach, and the summit of Mt. Paku before returning to Auckland by minibus. The 10-hour itinerary includes guided hikes followed by a dip in beachside hot springs. You'll make memories that will last a lifetime.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour by minibus
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by minibus
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Your day will begin with port pickup opposite Queens Wharf in Auckland. From here, embark on a scenic 2-hour drive to the small Coromandel town of Tairua.
Upon arrival, take a 15-minute guided hike to the summit of Mt. Paku, a small volcano with amazing views of the Coromandel coastline and back onto Tairua and Pauanui. Proceed with your small group to complete a 1.5-hour walk to the magnificent Cathedral Cove, with the option of visiting the other coves along the way.
Spend some time soaking in the natural hot pools at Hot Water Beach during low tide (exact timing depends on the tide schedule). You can order lunch at the cafe at Hot Water Beach or Hahei Beach (own expense) before returning to Auckland around 7pm.
Departure Point :148 Quay St, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.