Bioluminescence Kayak Tour
This is an exhilarating night paddle. Experience the magical light show put on by the smallest of living sea creatures. Watch as your kayak leaves a glittering wake behind you. Dip your hands in and see the sparkles latch to your hand as you withdraw it from the water.
Be one of the few to see this natural phenomenon.
Also, mullet, flounder and many birds can be seen or heard. Birdlife includes tui, bellbird, kereru, oyster-catcher, pied stilt, reef heron, white-faced heron, dotterel, fantail, grey warbler, kingfisher, harrier hawk, tern, and many more.
Just 20 minutes north of downtown Auckland, the Long bay – Okura Marine Reserve has an abundance of wildlife.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- All kayaking and safety equipment
- Stable sea kayaks or sit-on-tops are used
- All tuition from our experienced qualified kayak guides
- FREE digital photos and a guaranteed great time!
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canoe & Kayak Adventures, Mairangi Bay, Auckland 3330 New Zealand
Enjoy a night paddle in the protected waters of the Long Bay - Okura Marine Reserve.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Okura Boat Ramp, 1 Okura River Rd, Okura, Auckland 0792, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from Albany bus station available by arrangement.
Departure Time :8:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.