Bike the Wineries - Self Guided Tour
Our half day self-guided bike tour lets you explore the wineries and cycle trails of the Gibbston Valley at your own pace. It includes pick up/drop off at your accommodation, bike, helmet, trail map and information on points of interest along the
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- pick up/drop off at your accommodation
- bike and helmet
- trail map
- bottle of water
- wine pick-ups
- information on wineries and other points of interest along the way
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- wine tastings are not included ($0 - $15 and fee waived when wine is purchased)
- After pick-up from your accommodation we take a half hour scenic drive to Gibbston. Gibbston is one of Central Otago’s famous wine regions and is renown for its award winning Pinot Noir and stunning alpine landscapes.
Your starting point will be the Kawarau Suspension Bridge also known as the home of bungy. Once you arrive here your driver will provide you with a bike, helmet, trail map and some local insight on wineries and points of interest along the way. From here you will cycle on a well formed cycle trail overlooking the turquoise waters of the mighty Kawarau River.
You will have approximately four hours to explore the Gibbston River Trail at your own pace, stop off at one of 7 wineries, Cargo brewery, Gibbston Tavern and Gibbston Valley Cheese. Let your driver know where you are at the pick-up time and they will pick you up and transport you back to your accommodation. The bikes have a bag on them to carry any wine you want to purchase but your driver can also pick-up any larger purchases you have made on-route back to Queenstown.
Pick up time: 10:30am
Gibbston Pick up time: 3:00pm
Drop off time: 3:30pm (approximately)
Cycling distance: Up to 10km
Departure Point :Queenstown and Arrowtown hotels and accommodation
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We ask that you have ridden a bicycle before
- You must be over 18 years of age to participate in wine tastings unless accompanied by a parent or guardian
- We have some options for children but contact Fork and Pedal Tours before making the booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.