Bay of Islands Sightseeing Tour with Russell & Waitangi Treaty Grounds
Get to know the highlights of the Bay of Islands on this guided tour
Visit historic Russell – today a charming historic village of boutique shops and eateries, but once a lawless open port known as the ‘Hell Hole of the Pacific’. Explore Paihia town and waterfront, the Haruru Waterfall, the horticultural hub of Kerikeri including Kemp House and the historic Kerikeri Stone Store.
Visit Waitangi where the Treaty of Waitangi, was signed in 1840. Enjoy a guided tour, which includes a cultural performance outside the meeting house where Te Pitowhenua, a resident performing arts group, welcomes you inside with a traditional Māori welcome (powhiri).
What's included :
- All activities
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- 09.45 am collected by coach from your cruise ship tender from the wharf at Waitangi and transferred into the township of Paihia where you will catch the ferry to Russell.
10.30 Paihia to Russell Ferry
10.45 Arrive Russell and explore on foot the quaint township of Russell, New Zealand's first capital, with its historic buildings, craft shops and restaurants before returning to the Russell to Paihia Ferry wharf.
12.00 noon catch the return ferry to Paihia and rejoin your coach for a sightseeing tour of the area which will include the Piahia township, the Haruru Falls and Kerikeri with its original mission house and stone store.
1.30 pm Arrive Waitangi Treaty Grounds and free time for lunch at the Treaty Grounds Cafe (at own expense)
2.15 pm Enjoy at fully guided tour of the treaty grounds conducted by an experienced local guide and followed by a 30 minute entertaining Maori Cultural Performance . There will be time to visit the Waitangi museum and gift shop should anyone in the group be interested.
3.45 Transferred from Waitangi back to the Waitangi Wharf to catch the tender back to your cruise ship.
Departure Point :Waitangi Wharf
Departure Time :9:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.