Auckland Sights and Bites Small-Group Walking Tour
Explore Auckland’s beautiful waterfront and coastal cuisine on this 3 hour ‘City of Sails’ walking tour. Discover superb harbor and marina views, must-see landmarks and Māori history on a leisurely stroll to the City Fish Markets. Savor delicious seafood and mingle with your entertaining local guide at a popular seaside bistro.This ‘Best of Auckland’ afternoon requires 2 adults per booking and is limited to 8 people. The tour runs in summer from November to April.
• Discover Auckland's waterfront with an top-rated local guide
• Admire views of the city skyline, harbor bridge, North Shore and Marina
• Learn about Maori and European settler history
• Visit the City Fish Market
• Enjoy New Zealand-style seafood at a popular waterfront bistro
• Small group-size ensures personal service and advice
What's included :
- Local Aucklander as your guide
- 3 hour walking tour
- Seafood tastings platter at a popular waterfront bistro (A light lunch prior to 1pm departure is recommended)
- Small group guarantee of maximum 8 people
- Local Taxes
What's excluded :
- Beverages other than table water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Along the way, you'll hear how the city evolved from a Maori battleground and shabby colonial outpost into a water lover’s paradise and major Pacific port. Learn about the downtown reclamation and expansion plans for Auckland’s waterfront.
Enjoy local tales (and singing sculptures) as you stroll past little fishing boats bobbing beside super yachts. Watch fish being unloaded, dip your toes in the Pacific Ocean and soak up the best sights from a hidden viewing deck. Pause to take pictures of the cityscape, North Shore, Harbour Bridge, Silo Park and the Southern Hemisphere’s biggest Marina.
Work up an appetite as you walk through Auckland’s Fish Market and marvel at the fascinating array of seafood.
Your final destination is a popular North Wharf bistro for a feast of freshly cooked seafood and sides. Here you’ll sample the likes of dusted squid with aoli, prawns in garlic butter and Kiwi-style fish and chips. Mix and mingle with your entertaining local guide and exchange tips with your fellow guests.
The choice is then yours to linger in this stylish water-front quarter or take a leisurely stroll back into town.
This small-group tour is a ‘must do’ Auckland experience. Your guide blends Kiwi culture, history and cuisine with a scenic walk alongside one of the most beautiful harbors in the world.
Tour Highlights include: Local history. Downtown Auckland. Britomart Precinct. FlagStaff Rock. Queens Wharf. America’s Cup Viaduct. Wynyard Drawbridge. North Wharf. Coastal Art. Silo Park. Westhaven Marina. Harbour Bridge. Auckland Fish Market. Seafood tastings at a popular waterfront bistro.
Departure Point :8 Customs St E, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :Jellicoe Street, North Wharf, Jellicoe St, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Group size: A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. This tour requires a minimum group size of 4 to proceed. Maximum group size of 8 people.
- Food: The selected waterfront bistro is a local favorite and can cater for gluten free diets. Please enquire on the day. The food tasting includes a selection of seafood to share. Refreshments (other than table water) are at additional cost.
- What to bring: Proof of booking, walking shoes, a sunhat, sunscreen, rain jacket and bottled water.
- Accessibility: A light level of fitness is required. The tour is around 2km long and is wheelchair or mobility scooter suitable.
- Weather: Tours proceed rain or shine. All part of the fun.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers