Auckland Shore Excursion: Waiheke Island Tour With Zipline Adventure
Experience the excitement of a zipline adventure when your ship docks in Auckland, and take a shore excursion over the water to Waiheke Island. Your day tour includes three zipline flights on Waiheke Island, plus an interpretive walk through native bushland and a mini-tour of the island. Enjoy stunning views over the Hauraki Gulf on the short ferry ride to Waiheke Island from Auckland, and feel your adrenaline soar as you zipline above the forest!
What's included :
- Transport by minivan between the Waiheke Island Ferry Terminal and the visitor center
- Professional guide
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Begin your Auckland shore excursion by catching the 9am ferry to Waiheke Island. The ferry departs from Pier 2 at the Auckland ferry terminal, less than a 10-minute walk from where you disembark from your cruise ship.
Relax on the 45-minute ferry trip over the Hauraki Gulf to Waiheke Island, and enjoy the stunning harbor views. On arrival at the island, only 11 miles (18km) from Auckland, meet up with your professional guide and begin your island tour.
Your 25-minute mini-tour of Waiheke takes you around the island by minivan en route to the visitor center at Trig Hill. Enjoy spectacular panoramic views of Auckland and the Hauraki Gulf from Trig Hill, one of the island’s highest points.
After checking in at the visitor center, put on your safety gear and follow your expert guide to the first viewing platform for the first of your three exciting 655-foot (200-meter) zipline flights. Before being securely attached to the zipline by a full-body harness, receive an instructional briefing from your guide. Personal attention is assured, as numbers are limited to a maximum of 12 zipline participants.
Your zipline adventure begins with a gentle flight above the rolling contours of a vineyard, easing you into the zipline experience. Then the excitement cranks up as the gradient is gradually increased on your next two flights, taking you soaring across a valley and above the treetops of New Zealand’s native forest.
Your Waiheke Island adventure continues back on the ground as you take an easy, guided 1-mile (1.5-km) interpretive forest walk back to the visitor center. You'll learn about New Zealand’s diverse flora and fauna as you walk.
Leaving the visitor center, return to the ferry terminal by minivan and catch the 40-minute ferry ride back to Auckland’s Pier 2, less than a 10-minute walk from your cruise ship.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Auckland cruise port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Departure Point :Downtown Ferry Terminal, Quay St, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Auckland Ferry Terminal, Pier 2Directions: Auckland Ferry Terminal, Pier 2 Please make your way to the Fullers Ticket Office at Auckland’s Downtown Ferry Terminal 99 Quay St, Auckland. You will receive a second email confirmation from Viator with your Fullers Reference. Please quote this reference to collect your return ferry tickets. Allow at least 30 minutes to collect your Ferry Ticket/s and board the 9:00am Fullers Ferry to Waiheke Island.Dates: DailyReturn point: Returns to original departure point at approximately 2:45pmPorts Auckland’s Downtown Ferry Terminal 99 Quay St, Auckland
Departure Time :10:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum weight is 66lbs (30kg) and the maximum is 275lbs (125kg)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please Note: Children must be accompanied by an adult. Passengers under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign their waiver form prior to arrival
- Please note: An additional $49 fee per person will be payable to EcoZip Adventures upon reschedules within 48hours of the booking.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.