Auckland Shore Excursion: Small-Group Hobbiton Movie Set Tour
When your ship is docked in Auckland, enter the magical world of ‘the Shire’ on this small-group movie-set shore excursion to Hobbiton. See where The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies were filmed and pose for pictures in front of hobbit holes. Visit the party tree, Green Dragon Inn and Bilbo Baggins’ house, and learn from your guide about the making of the films. Afterward, enjoy lunch at the Green Dragon Inn. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour. It’s a must-do tour for The Lord of the Rings and movie lovers!
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Fully guided Hobbiton Movie Set tour
- Shopping voucher
- Drink in the Green Dragon
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
What's excluded :
- Morning tea and additional food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
While you’re in port in Auckland, travel south over the Bombay Hills to the rich farmland of the Waikato region. Stretch your legs and enjoy a stop for morning tea (own expense) en-route to Hobbiton
Arrive in Hobbiton, where your movie set tour begins. Explore the magical world of ‘the Shire’ as your guide entertains you with stories about the making of The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy. See the hobbit holes, the mill and the double-arch bridge, the party tree and the Green Dragon Inn. Pose for pictures at the door of Bilbo Baggins’ house and see stunning views overlooking the largest ‘outdoor set’ in the world! Cross the double-arch bridge and enjoy a complimentary cider, ale or ginger beer inside the Green Dragon Inn.
After your tour of Hobbiton, enjoy lunch (included) at the Green Dragon Marquee before traveling back to Auckland.
Please note: This tour is only suitable before/after a cruise. Not suitable for arrival day as tour departs before ship disembarkation
Stop At: The Green Dragon™ Inn, Hobbiton Movie Set, Matamata 3472, New Zealand
The Green Dragon™ Inn was the meeting place for all residents of Hobbiton™, who would gather in the warm surroundings of the bar to chatter about the day’s events. The quality of the ale and food was renowned throughout The Shire™. Since 2012, we have been privileged to present The Green Dragon Inn as part of our experience. The Green Dragon Inn is an exceptional example of expert craftsmanship. Enjoy lunch in the amazing surroundings of the Green Dragon Inn.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please note: This tour is only suitable before/after a cruise. Not suitable for arrival day as tour departs before ship disembarkation. Please advise of your inner city Auckland accommodation.The above list does not include all pick up hotel locations - Pick up is included frommost inner city Auckland accommodation - please advise where you are staying andwe can give you a pick up time or meeting location.Ports
- This tour is only suitable before/after a cruise
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Tour limited to 30 people
- All luggage must be kept aboard your ship or at a luggage storage facility at the port (own expense)
- Please note: This tour is only suitable before/after a cruise. Not suitable for arrival day as tour departs before ship disembarkation.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour walks around the set at Hobbiton, including an upwards gradient
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.