Auckland Seaplane Tour
Enjoy spectacular views of Auckland from the air during a scenic seaplane flight. Fly above Auckland Harbour and the Hauraki Gulf, taking in bird's-eye views of Lake Pupuke, Rangitoto Island, Motutapu Island, Motuihe Island, and Brown’s Island. You'll also see Auckland's Sky Tower, volcanic craters, white-sand beaches, and historic structures along the Pacific Ocean. Your 40-minute flight takes off and lands near the Wynyard Quarter, conveniently located in the city center.
What's included :
- Seaplane experience
- Live commentary on board
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet your pilot at Wynyard Quarter in central Auckland. After a safety briefing, board an 8-seater De Havilland Beaver seaplane. Your pilot provides you with a radio headset, which you can use to hear about the sights from your pilot during the flight.
Your pilot cruises into the center of Auckland Harbour for takeoff. Enjoy looking at the yachts and city skyline from the water. Then soar into the air and head over Lake Pupuke and the suburb of Takapuna to Rangitoto Island, home to one of Auckland’s most iconic landmarks. The island formed after a series of eruptions between 550 and 600 years ago, making it Auckland’s youngest volcano. Crane your neck to look out the window at the crater as your plane passes just 500 feet (150m) above Rangitoto. Your flight continues over Motutapu Island..
Circle back toward Auckland Harbour by way of Motuihe Island. The heritage site contains ancient Maori archaeological artifacts, a historic cemetery and military installations from both world wars. Your pilot then loops around Brown’s Island crater, one of the best preserved volcanoes in the Auckland Volcanic Field.
Your guide will then proceed to point out more Auckland sites before landing down near the Harbour Bridge where you will taxi back to shore safely.
Transition from natural to urban scenery when you cruise over Auckland Harbour for a one-of-a-kind view of city landmarks like the colossal Sky Tower that rises 1,076 feet (328m). Your pilot then gently lands the seaplane on the water, and taxis you back to shore.
After a memorable 15-minute flight, your tour ends with return to your starting point. Expect the entire experience to take about 40 minutes total.
Departure Point :Wynyard Quater, Auckland
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.