Auckland Maori Tour and Cultural Performance
Experience Auckland from a Maori perspective! The Auckland Maori Tour takes you through the Tamaki Makaurau area (Auckland) with a highly knowledgeable Maori guide. You’ll be immersed in New Zealand’s indigenous tikanga (culture), and learn about a rich cultural heritage dating back hundreds of years, as well as Maori leaders who helped shape New Zealand into a modern nation.
per adult from
What's included :
- Snacks and beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop off
What's excluded :
- On this full day, Maori-guided tour, you and a small group of a maximum of ten participants, will get a highly-personalized experience of Auckland’s most famous sights, exploring the city and its surroundings from a first-hand Maori viewpoint. Your guide will lead you through the Te Wao Nui o Tiriwa forest, where you’ll learn about the native flora and fauna and their significance to Te Aao Maori (the Maori World). You’ll see the black sand beaches and windswept cliffs of the famous ‘Wild West Coast’ of Taihauauru, as well as Devonport, the final resting place of Patuone, one of the chief negotiators and signatories of Aotearoa/ New Zealand’s founding document.
In Auckland proper, you’ll take the Tamaki Drive, one of the most scenic roads in the world, and at the Auckland museum, you’ll get a chance to see the Maori Cultural Performance, including the famous Haka War Dance.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up/drop-off within Auckland’s Downtown area including Cruise wharf Ports
- Level 1, Ports of Auckland Building/1 Sunderland St, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please note this tour is not bookable for ages under 4 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We meet and exceed all safety measures to keep both our guests and our wonderful team of guides safe. Our safety measures adapt based on requirements to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.