An Hour long Taste of the Segway Sensation and Sightseeing FUN
If you're curious about what it's like to ride a Segway then this ride is for you. It's designed to teach you how to ride and give you plenty of time to practice before heading off around the village to take in the sights of Devonport, Auckland's historic seaside village. You'll ride around the Waterfront to Cheltenham beach where you will have a superb view of the Hauraki Gulf and Rangitoto Island which, at only 650 years old, is our youngest volcanic cone rising majestically out of the Gulf. There will be plenty of opportunities to take some great photos of the scenery and of course of you on a Segway. As you return to our base on Devonport Wharf you'll have a chance to put the Segway through its paces as you ride up hill and down dale through the back streets of the village where you can admire the beautifully restored Victorian villas.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Use of helmet
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Live commentary
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from Segway start location.
- You will meet your tour guide and the others on the tour at our office in the Devonport Ferry Terminal. (Our office can be hard to find but if you come to the end of the terminal as if you were catching a ferry you will find us sharing space with the Ferry Ticket office)
You will then sign in, store any bags you want to leave at our office and be fitted with a helmet. We have sun block available for you to use in the Summer and have gloves and jackets available in the Winter. You then go with your guide to the area where you will be given a safety briefing and learn to ride a Segway. Your guides are all experienced riders who will make sure you have plenty of time to practice riding before going out to ride through the streets of the village. Once everyone is comfortable riding the Segway you'll be off to experience the awesome sensation of the Segway and see some of Devonport's sights.
As you make your way around the Waterfront on the historic shell pathway, the inner harbour may be busy with yachts and ferries or ships making their way into the port of Auckland. You'll pass beaches, historic buildings the Navy museum and Maungauika, one of Auckland's many Volcanic cones. Maungauika was renamed North Head by the British when it was turned into a Fort to protect Auckland from the perceived threat of Russian invasion in the 1800's
You'll continue on through the back streets of the village past beautifully restored Victorian Villas to Cheltenham Beach and reserve where you get a stunning view out to the Hauraki Gulf with its many islands including Rangitoto Island. At only 650 years old Rangitoto is Auckland's newest and biggest volcanic cone. Today the island is a safe pest free haven for native flora and fauna to survive and thrive in the world's largest pohutukawa forest.
We'll then find one of our parks for you to have some FUN testing your skills on the Segway and there'll be plenty of opportunities to take great photos of the scenery and of you having FUN on the Segway to brag to your family and friends about when you return home.
Then it's time to ride up hill and down dale back to our base on Devonport Wharf. If this is your first Segway Experience we'll be hearing you say "I want one" as you will be left with the Segway Smile, a Smile from ear to ear that stays there.
Departure Point :Our Office in the Devonport Ferry Terminal (Sharing space with the Ferry Ticket Office) A 12 minute ferry ride from Downtown Auckland or 30 minutes over the bridge by car.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum age is 10 years on Family Fun Ride and A Taste of Segway.
- Minimum age is 13 years for Mt. Victoria Magic and Historic North Head Tours.
- A maximum of 6 people per tour booking.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- A small amount of walking is involved on the North Head Tour.
- Not recommended for people who are not agile enough to climb stairs unaided.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- If canceled due to extreme weather conditions that make it unsafe to ride a Segway, you will be given the option of an alternative date or refund Less administration fee.
- All participants weights MUST be between 35kgs - 120kgs (75lbs - 265lbs)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.