Akaroa Surf Lesson & Guided Tour
You will be met by your experienced and qualified surf guide who will transport you out to some of the Banks Peninsulas hidden gems. Tranquil, stunning, eastern bay beaches which are perfect for learning to surf.
Along the way the guide will show you points of interest and share stories about this amazing volcanic area, have your camera ready as the views along the way are breath taking!
The guide will lead you through a comprehensive lesson, this includes technique training on the beach and plenty of time to practice your skills in the water
When the lesson comes to an end you will be provided with a snack and be transported back to Akaroa with photo stops along the way so that you can remember this amazing experience!
The peaceful beaches with their turquoise water will stay in your hearts for ever!
What's included :
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- You will be met at our meeting place outside Ratatoiulle Restaurant by your local surf guide.
Your guide will brief you on the plan for the day, you will sign a safety waiver and jump into the van and begin your Safari! You are getting a guided tour of the majestic Peninsula including driving up and over the summit road which has the best views of the area and they are simply incredible so have your camera ready!
Your guide will take you out to one of the hidden , deserted Eastern bays which most tourists would never find their way to. These beaches have a tranquil, still beauty which rejuvenates the soul, and the bonus of perfect beginner waves which makes this area perfect for learning to surf!
Your guide will unload the equipment upon your arrival and you will then get suited up, warm winter 5mm Quiksilver wetsuits will keep you toasty and warm!
You will then be led through a comprehensive surf lesson including technique training on the beach and plenty of time to practice your new skills afterwards. Your surf guide will assist you into waves and give you helpful tips. Sometimes if you are lucky you may be fortunate enough to spot a Hector dolphin or seals surfing the waves themselves!
After the lesson you will be provided with a light snack, get changed and jump back in the van to soak in a few more sights on the way back to Akaroa. You will be feeling amazing and invigorated! What a special place to learn to surf, this is often the highlight of many of our visitors trips to NZ.
Departure Point :We meet on the grass outside Ratatouille Restaurant this is opposite Jubille Park.
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :You Will be dropped back to Akaroa Township after your safari ends
Hotel Pickup :
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.