Akaroa Shore Excursion: Banks Peninsula, Christchurch City Tour and Willowbank Wildlife Reserve
See the sights of Christchurch when your ship is in Akaroa port, and explore the city on a comprehensive tour. Your Akaroa shore excursion also includes a trip through the beautiful Banks Peninsula and a visit to the Willowbank Wildlife Reserve. Meet the elusive kiwi, New Zealand’s national bird, along with exotic visitors including deer, wallabies, otters, gibbons and lemurs.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
- Entry/Admission - Willowbank Wildlife Reserve
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Akaroa Village Inn, 81 Beach Road, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
First you will be collected at the park at the end of Akaroa Wharf (opposite the Akaroa Village Inn) at 10.30am and driven through the village of Akaroa and the Banks Peninsula with stunning views of rolling hills, lakes and coastlines before arriving in Christchurch.
Stop At: Christchurch Botanic Gardens, Rolleston Ave, Christchurch New Zealand
After boarding our coaches from the Akaroa Port, we'll take you through to the Christchurch Botanic Gardens & Christchurch Museum via the scenic Banks Peninsula. Explore on your own for 30 minutes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Cathedral Square, Christchurch New Zealand
Depart the Botanical Gardens for a brief Christchurch City tour highlighting city landmarks and the rebuild of city centre after the 2011 Earthquake.
Stop At: Willowbank Wildlife Reserve, 60 Hussey Road, Christchurch 8051 New Zealand
The tour then moves on to Willowbank Wildlife Reserve. You will be given entry to the Wildlife Reserve and a guided tour of the reserves ‘Natural New Zealand’ with Kiwi viewing.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Banks Peninsula, 575 Summit Road, Christchurch 8081 New Zealand
Travel back to Akaroa via the Banks Peninsula to board your cruise ship.
Departure Point :Akaroa Dolphins, 65 Beach Road, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Please note that activity times and schedules can be slightly amended depending on your cruise ships timetable.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.