Akaroa Shore Excursion: Akaroa Harbour Nature Cruise
After your cruise ship docks in Akaroa, take a nature cruise across the harbor to spot dolphins and admire New Zealand’s stunning scenery. Look out for New Zealand’s friendly Hector’s dolphins, the world’s rarest and smallest dolphins, and bring your camera along on your shore excursion to photograph soaring volcanic cliffs, secluded sea caves and tropical palm trees.
per adult from
- Instant Confirmation
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Popular choice with kids
- Fully narrated tour
What's included :
- Full on-board commentary
- Tea and coffee
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Catch the tender to the main wharf when your cruise ship docks in Akaroa, making sure to arrive at least 30 minutes before your nature cruise departs.
Relax on your two-hour cruise across Akaroa Harbour and listen to the commentary about the harbor’s geography, wildlife and history provided by your knowledgeable skipper.
Your luxurious cruise boat has two decks, providing shade, shelter and plenty of observation areas for uninterrupted wildlife and scenery viewing.
As you cruise past volcanic cliffs and sea caves, keep a lookout for the world’s smallest, rarest and friendliest dolphins, the New Zealand Hector’s dolphin. These friendly and inquisitive mammals meet the boat most days throughout the year and their calves can be seen between October and March.
You might also see the world’s smallest penguin, the white-flippered blue penguin, or the endangered yellow-eyed penguin.
See New Zealand fur seals sunbathing on the rocks at Seal Bay, and make a stop at Lucas Bay to see a salmon farm in operation. Hear how fingerlings to adult salmon are raised in cages here, the source of New Zealand’s world-famous Akaroa salmon.
Your cruise also takes you past the sublime beauty of Scenery Nook, an amazing pink, purple and red volcanic amphitheater that will take your breath away.
Your cruise ends with return to the Akaroa cruise dock.
This excursion is located within a 5-minute walk to the cruise port, so you determine the time you return to your ship in Akaroa. Please allow yourself ample time to enjoy the excursion and ensure your timely return to the port. This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy.
Departure Point :Akaroa's main wharf
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring light jacket, sun protection and camera
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.