Akaroa Harbour Nature Cruise
Experience majestic scenery and stunning wildlife including dolphins, penguins and marine bird life on this Akaroa Harbour Nature Cruise.
per adult from
- Instant Confirmation
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Popular choice with kids
- Fully narrated tour
What's included :
- 2-hour nature cruise
- Full on-board commentary
- Tea and coffee
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Cruise on a modern 60 feet catamaran, perfect for viewing the natural wonders of Akaroa Harbour. The vessel is the largest and most luxurious on the harbour. There's lots of space on the 2 decks for unenterrupted viewing and inside seating.
The 2-hour cruise is fully narrated by your skipper who has extensive knowledge of the nature, wildlife and history of Akaria Harbour.
On the two-hour cruise you will encounter wildlife plus the many sea caves and volcanic cliffs. As Akaroa Harbour was a live volcano nine million years ago, there is many spectacular ancient lava flows to be seen. One cliff has a sheer 500-foot face and has a fascinating history plus you will also see the incredible Scenery Nook, an amazing pink, purple and red volcanic amphitheater that will take your breath away.
Catch glimpses of the White Flippered Blue Penguin, the smallest penguin in the world you'll also see the New Zealand Fur Seal sunning themselves on the harbors rocks near the entrance at Seal Bay.
The highlight of this trip is undoubtedly the sighting of one of the world's smallest and rarest dolphins, the Hector Dolphin also known as the New Zealand Dolphin. These friendly and inquisitive mammals meet the boat most days throughout the year and their calves can be seen between October and March.
Departure Point :Akaroa, Akaroa, Canterbury Region, South Island
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.