Agrodome Sheep Show and Farm Tour
Like rain in England, leprechauns in Ireland and moose in Canada, there's one thing most people associate with New Zealand - sheep! That's why no trip to Rotorua would be complete without a visit to The Agrodome and the chance to interact with New Zealand's friendliest animals.
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Agrodome
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- The Agrodome is a 640-hectare (160-acre) sheep and beef farm which has been opened up to the public. An educational and hands-on experience, you'll get the chance to join in on farming activities as you learn about farming in NZ and meet the farmers and their sheep. Step back 100 years in time at the Woollen Mill where you'll learn about processing wool and maybe even catch a demonstration of carding and spinning.
You have the choice to include the award-winning Agrodome Sheep Show or Agrodome Farm Tour during your visit, or you can choose to do both.
The Agrodome Sheep Show is an hour-long interactive experience where you'll be introduced to 19 different breeds of sheep. Take part in a live sheep auction and after the show, step outside to see the remarkable Heading Dogs herding sheep and generally having a great time!
Join the Agrodome Farm Tour for a taste of life on the farm. You'll be guided by a genuine kiwi (a New Zealander that is, not a bird!) farmer and introduced to a variety of farm animals. There's cattle, deer, llamas and alpacas, even emus and ostriches, and of course more sheep. You'll be able to get close to the animals and even hand feed them if you wish. Next up is a stop at the Organic Education Centre to taste wine, juice and/or honey, while learning about organic fruit growing.
The Agrodome is suitable for all ages and makes a great morning or afternoon of family entertainment. Located only 10km (6-miles) from Rotorua with excellent public transport from the city centre, the Agrodome is the essential New Zealand experience. You'd be baahking mad to miss it!
Departure Point :141 Western Rd, Ngongotaha, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
Departure Time :Open 8:30am to 5:00pm
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.