Adventure Day Trip to West Coast Beaches from Auckland
This six-hour (10:00am - 4:00pm) small group adventure tour is customized daily to suit the capabilities of the group, and the conditions of the day. It can include areas of the Waitakere ranges, Piha Beach, Kitekite Falls, Bethells, Lake Wainamou, Whatipu, Anawhata or Karekare. It is an adventure and includes swimming if you wish, river crossings, hiking and lots of rock scrambling, and sand dune running. A moderate level of fitness and an appetite for adventure is a must.
per adult from
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get inside tips from a local
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
What's included :
- Pickups (and dropoffs) from several central Auckland locations
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- Any other personal expenses
- Your day begins with a pickup from one of three centrally located address in Auckland.
There will be a brief pit-stop on the way to the wild west allowing you to purchase any essentials (sunscreen, sandwiches or water, morning coffee) before we head to the chosen locations for the day.
Whatipu offers caving, rock scrambling, sand dune climbs, amazing views and the safest swimming on the West Coast. Also, one of the most picturesque drives in Auckland. If we are lucky we might even find seals or penguins there.
Piha offers everything from amazing views, the iconic Lion rock, often big (10+foot) surf crashing through amazing canyons and rocks, adventure swims (in caves and lagoons), river crossings, exciting rock scrambles and some of the most beautiful lunch spots you will find in Auckland.
Anawhata is the most remote of Auckland's west coast surf beaches. More big surf, beautiful (and strenuous) hikes, maybe the best photographic beach in Auckland, the monolithic Keyhole rock, and some incredible lagoon swimming.
Kitekite Falls is a 140 foot 3-level waterfall. In our tour you will explore all three levels (as long as the group is capable as the hiking is high-level to the mid level) and swim beneath the waters if you wish. There is also a 30 minute hike to and from the falls through a beautiful rain forest which you can enjoy.
Lake Wainamou (Bethells dunes) are huge sand-dunes in a vast desert. Walk through a windy sandy creek. Experience (safely) the thrill of quicksand beneath your feet. Run or roll down giant sand dunes. Swim in a beautiful mountain lake. Dive from the little jetty or the tree swing into calm waters.
As a group we will pick from these (or a few more) locations that best suit the group and the day. Generally we will do two of the above locations, and eat lunch (not provided) with a beautiful view.
You will be returned to the central city around 4:00pm ideally sandy, wet, tired and happy.
Departure Point :One of the following locations: Peter Pans on Fort Street The Stables on Elliot Street Sky City Hotel
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Tour returns to central Auckland or your original departure location
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 11 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Bring swimming gear, sunscreen, jandals (flipflops) and water
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.