9000ft Tandem Skydiving in Taupo
Skydive from 9,000ft above stunning Lake Taupo, New Zealand's original drop zone! Take in spectacular views of the Tongariro National Park and the Central Plateau. With free local Hummer pickups, free Rotorua pickups, free USBs, internet uploads and the most camera options in New Zealand, a skydive with us is unforgettable. This is a limited time jump, only available at 12.50pm each day. Please note only Selfie Cam is available with the 9,000 ft jump.
What's included :
- 9,000ft Skydive
- Professional guide
- Use of harness, jumpsuit and goggles
- Free buff/scarf
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All taxes, fees and handling charge
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Your day will begin with a pickup from your Taupo accommodation in a brand new stretch Hummer. Alternatively, you have the option to self-drive to the drop zone if you’d prefer, there will be plenty of parking.
Upon arrival, you will be asked to sign a waiver form before being taken through your options regarding altitude and cameras. If you decide you wish to do the 12,000 ft or 15,000ft instead you can pay for the upgrade directly on the day.
Once you've decided on your height and camera options it's time to get ready! You will be shown you through the hangar where you can store your belongings in our lockers before gear up.
It's gear up time! You will meet your tandem master and camera man, smile and wave for the camera and watch the safety video while we outfit you in a jumpsuit, harness, hat and goggles.
When you're all geared up it's time to enter the plane and take off. Your tandem master will point out the beautiful sights around the Lake Taupo region on your scenic flight up to altitude, which takes about 15-minutes.
The moment of truth has arrived - it's time for freefall! Your tandem master will move you towards the door. Stop and smile for a quick photo before exiting, then experience the amazing feeling of freefalling at 200kph above Lake Taupo! Enjoy 30 seconds from 9,000ft, and spot the coast to coast views and snowy volcanoes of Tongariro National Park!
At 5,000ft your tandem master will deploy the parachute and you float back to earth, enjoying more of the stunning views. You may even get to steer the parachute! Upon landing, you will take a post-freefall picture.
After the skydive we will de-gear you, then grab a glass of water while you laugh at your skydiving video in our cinema. Just before you leave you can check out the T-shirts and Hoodies on offer in the shop, then we'll give you a certificate before taking you back to your accommodation.
Departure Point :Your hotel, or drop zone if you are self-driving
Departure Time :Please arrive at your specified booking time. The arrival time is 12.50pm daily.
Return Detail :Return to same departure location
Hotel Pickup :
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- 9,000 ft jump is only available for the 12.50pm slot and only Selfie Cam is available with your jump
- 100kg weight limit
- Children must be able to fit the harness
- Operated by multi-lingual tandem masters
- Rotorua pickups are ONLY available for our 2pm jump slot
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.