5-Tunnel Forgotten Railway Adventure from Taumarunui
Experience the first 16km of the Forgotten World Railway. Enjoy a taste of the Forgotten World journey. Travel through 5 tunnels including the longest tunnel (1.5km) on the line before stopping for a drink and a cookie and returning on the rails back through the 5 tunnels (bonus!) to the start point.
This is a 32km round trip, cruising through stunning hill country farms and native bush.
- Instant Confirmation
- Family friendly
- Led by a local guide
- Rail Tour
What's included :
- Local guide
- Light refreshments
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Forgotten World Adventures
What's excluded :
- Time : Depart our Taumarunui depot at 12.00pm.
Experience the first 16km of the Forgotten World Railway. Enjoy a taste of the Forgotten World journey. Travel through 5 tunnels including the longest tunnel (1.5km) on the line before stopping for a drink and a cookie and returning on the rails back through the 5 tunnels (bonus!) to the starting point.
Included in your day:
Shuttles to/from our Taumarunui Depot out to the RailCarts at Okahukura, morning or afternoon tea and of course your RailCart
What to bring:
In this region the weather is changeable and it’s best to prepare for all conditions no matter the season. Layered clothing with a good wind/rain jacket or shell is ideal. The RailCarts have plastic side-curtains that provide reasonable rain protection.
We suggest the following should be taken with you on the RailCart:
• Sunglasses, Camera, Binoculars
• Water and extra snacks if required
• Warm thermal/merino clothing, including hat, scarf and gloves
• Sturdy footwear (no jandals) with warm socks
• Warm windproof jacket with hood even in fine weather
• 100% Rainproof coat and over-trousers if rain is predicted
Departure Point :Forgotten World Motel
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to the original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour is possible for those with walking disabilities
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.