4 Day Doubtful and Milford Sound Photography Workshop
Join top New Zealand photographers on this four-day landscape photography workshop at both Milford and Doubtful Sound. Starting in Queenstown, enjoy a ride south to the untouched wilderness of Fiordland and on to Milford before getting to Doubtful Sounds. The most northerly part of Fiordland’s many sounds, Milford, is famed as one of the world’s most spectacular landscapes. Doubtful Sound is far more remote and scenic than the well-known Milford Sound. It offers a true wilderness experience. This photography workshop begins and ends at Queenstown, and includes one night Te Anau, one at Milford and overnight cruise on Doubtful Sound.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tuition by two professional photographers; Richard Young and Rob Brown
- Overnight cruise on Doubtful Sound
- Boat trip on Lake Manapouri
- 1 nights accommodation at Milford Sound Lodge
- 1 nights accommodation at Te Anau
- 1 nights accommodation on Doubtful Sound boat
- 3 breakfasts
- 1 three course dinner
- Transport for 4 days during the tour
- Printed notes covering special techniques, settings and tips
- Department of Conservation National Park concession fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Dinners not mentioned
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Day 1
From Queenstown, heading to Te Anau, we take the Milford Highway up the Eglinton Valley. Winding through the mountains; past dark, brooding lakes and mossy beech forests, perched at impossibly steep slopes, you will arrive at Milford Sound. Milford Sound is one of the country's most iconic locations, granite peaks soar more than a mile above the dark waters of the fjord. Huge waterfalls tumble down into the sea giving the area a scale and grandeur that has to be seen to be believed. A night here provide the chances to capture a dramatic light over Mitre Peak at both sunrise and sunset, from a variety of locations.
You will head back to Te Anau to spend a night. You will walk the tranquil shores of Lake Te Anau, the South Island’s largest lake, on an easy path at the start of the Kepler Track. You will photograph the sunset over the lake, with a vast array of mountains beyond.
In the morning you will go to Pearl Harbour, Manapouri. You will cruise across picturesque Lake Manapouri to West Arm before traveling through the dense rainforest across Wilmot Pass. Once at Deep Cove, you board our boat for an overnight cruise of beautiful Doubtful Sound. On board, there are excellent photo opportunities of waterfalls, rainforest and mountains as you head into a truly untouched part of the Te Wahipounamu World Heritage Area.
Waking up on the boat sheltered in the wilderness of Doubtful Sound, you will cruise through some of the fiord’s most stunning scenery, No matter what the weather, Fiordland is always spectacular. After arriving back to Pearl Harbour, You will return to Queenston to connect with late afternoon flights.
Departure Point :Queenstown
Departure Time :9am
Return Detail :Queenstown airport or local hotel drop off
Hotel Pickup :
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.