25-Minute Helicopter Tour Including Snow Landing from Wanaka
Enjoy a Snow Landing with this stunning scenic flight from the Matukituki Valley across tussock-covered slopes and into the alps with exceptional views across the snowy peaks of Mount Aspiring National Park. Please note: Snow Landing's are subject to suitable conditions and are generally available between May and October. For a guaranteed snow landing year round we recommend booking a "Glacier Landing"
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Small group ensures personal service
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's excluded :
- Your flight will take-off from our base (address provided on voucher). Take a scenic 25-minute drive from Wanaka Township to the base and check-in at the hangar at least 15 minutes prior to your flight time. Flight times are flexible, operating on demand between 8am and 4:30pm.
Take-off and enjoy the scenic flight from the base in Matukituki Valley above tussock covered slopes to the rugged snow-capped peaks at the border of the Mount Aspiring National Park. Land on a snow-covered peak and enjoy the opportunity to touch snow year-round with this scenic flight.
This 25-minute flight experience will show you the amazing scenery of this area like no other!
Your pilot will provide detailed commentary of the area during your flight on our two-way headsets. With the hangar based at the start of the Matukituki Valley your scenic flight time is maximized over remote back country.
Departure Point :Based at Cattle Flat, located at the entrance to the Matukituki Valley on the edge of the Mount Aspiring National Park.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required to confirm departure
- Subject to suitable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Passengers will be weighed on arrival to ensure comfort on the aircraft as well as balance of the aircraft
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.