24 Day Epic NZ Tour - Haka Tours
Over 24 unforgettable days you will experience it all: secluded beaches, jaw dropping scenery, Maori culture, mountainous ranges, lush rain forests and more adventure activities than you could ever wish for.
As with all our tours, we do include a few 'must-do' events, ranging from a Maori Cultural night to a Queenstown gondola ride, and even a 'Tiki' pendant carving experience.
You will see a massive range of optional activities available to add, from bungy jumping and dolphin swimming to jet boating and scenic flights. None of these are compulsory; just add the ones you want.
The tour price includes dorm share accommodation (4-6 share) but if you would prefer a little extra space you have the option to upgrade to a private room for the duration of your tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport, breakfast and accommodation ( max 6 share, upgrades available)
- Passionate Kiwi guide
- Maori Cultural experience in the Coromandel and Rotorua
- Traditional Maori ‘Hangi’ (food cooked using heated rocks and buried in an underground oven)
- Explore an extraordinary geyserland, with candy coloured water at Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Sail between the North and South islands across the iconic Cook Strait
- Stay for two nights deep in the rain forest on the South Island's west coast
- Learn to carve your own ‘Tiki’ pendant from bone
- Gondola ride in Queenstown to see panoramic views of the "Adventure Capital of the World"
- Spend time in the stunning Abel Tasman National Park, with an overnight boat trip (summer only)
- Small Groups - max 16 - Click here to find out why a small group tour makes for a far better experience.
- Guided tour of every location. We show you places you would miss when travelling on a bus pass
- Plus many surprise stops on the way
What's excluded :
- Optional Activities
- Dinner (except on the first night)
- Tour starts 8.00am at Haka Hotel Newmarket, 9 Manukau Rd, Newmarket Auckland
Day 1 Auckland to Paihia - Begin your adventure with perfect beaches, ancient forests and more
Day 2 Paihia - Soak up the sun in Paihia and the Bay of Islands
Day 3 Paihia to Auckland - Visit the historic Waitangi Treaty Grounds and explore the surrounding region
Day 4 Auckland to Coromandel - Take in the oh so perfect coastal views on an epic scenic drive to the Coromandel.
Day 5 Coromandel to Waitomo - Explore majestic Cathedral Cove, dig your own hot tub before heading to Waitomo.
Day 6 Waitomo to Rotorua - Discover underground caves illuminated by thousands of glowworms and journey to Rotorua.
Day 7 Rotorua - A full day in Rotorua with options galore
Day 8 Rotorua to Taupo - A free morning in Rotorua and a short drive to Taupo..
Day 9 Taupo - Explore the Taupo region, home of Australasia’s largest lake and the world-famous Tongariro Crossing
Day 10 Taupo to Wellington - After road-tripping past Mordor and Mt Doom we hit New Zealand’s “cool little capital”, Wellington.
Day 11 Wellington to Kaikoura - Sail to the South Island and discover the stunning Kaikoura coast.
Day 12 Kaikoura to Christchurch - A paradise for marine wildlife, Kaikoura is home to playful dolphins and beautiful whales
Day 13 Christchurch to Lake Tekapo - Explore downtown Christchurch before heading to the striking lakes and mountains of Tekapo.
Day 14 Lake Tekapo to Queenstown - A stunning drive through mountain landscapes to the jewel of the South Island: Queenstown
Day 15 Queenstown - Indulge your inner adrenaline junkie in Queenstown.
Day 16 Queenstown to Wanaka - Cross the mountains from Queenstown into wondrous Wanaka.
Day 17 Wanaka to Franz Josef - Our favourite scenic New Zealand drive from the Southern Alps to the West Coast.
Day 18 Franz Josef - Take in the stunning Franz Josef Glacier.
Day 19 Franz Josef to Punakaiki - Road trip up the South Island’s wild West Coast
Day 20 Punakaiki - Hear the roars of the crashing waves on the Pancake Rocks in Punakaiki.
Day 21 Punakaiki to Abel Tasman - Journey to the top of New Zealand’s South Island; in summer we sleep on a unique floating backpackers.
Day 22 Abel Tasman - Prepare to fall in love with Abel Tasman National Park.
Day 23 Abel Tasman to Wellington - Discover azure skies and wide open spaces around our sunniest location - Nelson.
Day 24 Wellington to Auckland - Journey back up to Auckland.
Departure Point :Haka Hotel Newmarket
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :9 Manukau Road, Newmarket, Auckland, New Zealand 1023
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.