2-Hour Milford Sound Helicopter Tour Including Glacier Landing
Enjoy the spectacular scenic flight over Milford Sound on this extensive flight from Wanaka. Cross the remote Harris and Darran Mountain Ranges of lower South Island with their rocky peaks and deep valleys. Fly over and land at Milford Sound with it’s stunning waterfalls and wildlife. Return via the Tutoko Plateau and spectacular Southern Alps landing on the Isobel Glacier before returning above the braided Matukituki River.
per adult from
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Small group ensures personal service
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
What's included :
- Live commentary
- Two-way headsets to hear the pilot clearly
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's excluded :
- Your flight will take-off from our base (address provided on voucher). Take a scenic 25-minute drive from Wanaka Township to the base and check-in at the hangar at least 15 minutes prior to your flight time. Flight times are flexible, operating on demand between 8am and 3pm.
Take-off and enjoy the scenic flight from the base in Matukituki Valley and fly across the remote Harris and Darran Mountain Ranges past the Earnslaw Glacier to Milford Sound where you will land. You will have up to 20 minutes to walk around, soak in the views, and take photos.
Taking off from Milford Sound you’ll view its stunning waterfalls and popular wildlife before heading up through Harrisons cove and over the Tutoko Plateau into the spectacular Southern Alps.
You will then enjoy a landing on the Isobel Glacier giving you the opportunity to take photos in the snow. From there you head back above the braided Matukituki River to our base.
Note: flight routes and landing locations are weather dependent and at the discretion of the pilot on the day
Departure Point :Based at Cattle Flat, located at the entrance to the Matukituki Valley on the edge of the Mount Aspiring National Park.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Return to same departure location
Hotel Pickup :
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required to confirm departure
- Subject to suitable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Passengers will be weighed on arrival to ensure comfort on the aircraft as well as balance of the aircraft
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.