15-Minute Crater Lakes Flight by Floatplane from Rotorua
Join us to view Rotorua beyond the crater rim. Enjoy spectacular views of our hidden lakes district, distant volcanoes and local geothermal activity in this captivating overview of this stunning area.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional pilot-guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Our Crater Lakes flight offers amazing views of our hidden lakes district from above. Departing our city lakefront helipad we climb eastbound to view the lakes of Tikitapu (Blue Lake) , Rotokakahi (Green Lake), Okareka, Tarawera and Okataina. These stunning crater lakes are surrounded by native forests and pastoral lands, hidden from the city by our volcanic terrain only an aerial perspective reveals the true beauty of this region. Returning to the Lakefront our descent takes us across the shores of the Lake Rotorua offering views of the city prior to landing.
(Flight time approx 15 minutes)
• All flights depart from the Rotorua City Lakefront, Memorial Drive
• This flight operate with a minimum of 2 adult fares
• Children under 2 are free of charge, children aged 2-11 years pay a child fare (which is 75% of the adult fare)
Departure Point :Volcanic Air’s office, Memorial Drive, Rotorua City Lakefront
Departure Time :Departure time early AM or late PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund Minimum numbers apply.
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.