1-Hour Tauranga Harbour Scenic Cruise from Mount Maunganui
Experience a 1-hour scenic cruise from Mount Maunganui of the Tauranga inner harbour. You will have the option to hop-off at Matakana Island beach to be picked up anytime on the same day at no extra cost. Occasionally you may see some seasonal wildlife on your cruise like blue penguins, sea birds, NZ fur seals.
Children 11 years and under travel free!
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Ideal choice for families
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Instant Confirmation
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide/tour escort
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Children 11 years and under travel free!
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Your 1-hour scenic cruise will depart from the Pilot Wharf at the base of Mount Maunganui (Mauao). You just need to walk 100 meters along the base track to get to the cruise departure point.
Scenic features include the Statue of Tangaroa, a diversity of landscapes from untouched white sandy beaches, lush green forests, islands and small village settlements, contrasted by the massive highly developed port infrastructure. Occasionally you may see some seasonal wildlife on your cruise like blue penguins, sea birds or NZ fur seals.
Check out the cargo and container ships or visiting cruise ships as we cruise around New Zealand's largest port.
Matakana Island Hop on / Hop off Passengers can get off at Matakana Island beach anytime and be picked up anytime on the same day at no extra cost. Spend an hour or a day on the sandy beach with a swim and picnic or fishing.
We recommend if you want an island stop off to take one of the first two sailings of the day (11am and 12pm). It’s the skippers call on access to the island dependant on current weather conditions and predicted afternoon forecasts. The skipper will advise you of the last pick up of the day.
Part of our service is the opportunity to visit Matakana island but any obligation on part of Kewpie Cruises to provide this part of the service in no way changes the value of the ticket.
Guidelines for visiting Matakana Island:
- This is strictly a beach visit only, no entering the forest under any circumstances (this is private forestry).
- No fires are to be lit on the island
- Toilets available onboard the vessel, or at the end of the wharf
- Collect any rubbish you see, and bring all your rubbish back with you (keep our beaches clean!)
Departure Point :PILOT WHARF. Pilot Quay (Base of the mountain MAUAO).
Return Detail :Same as departure
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.